Sunday, February 18, 2018

Floral Finesse - another page finished

Whew!  I thought I'd never finish this page!  Of course, I was distracted by the quilts I've been working on.

I've never been so eager to make quilts as I have since last July.  The only down side to that is my cross stitching has suffered from neglect.  The up side is I've finished 4 quilt tops (just the tops, so far) since last Summer.

Yesterday, I sat down and concentrated on finishing my current page on Floral Finesse.  I had all the cross stitching done, I just needed to finish the backstitching.  I tend to backstitch as I go, so thankfully, there wasn't much to do.

Here it is:


I finished this in the early afternoon and then switched to...a quilt top.  See!  I don't know why, but I've definitely been bitten by the quilting bug.

I have all of the individual blocks done, all 1,260 of them.  See?


I'm going to just take them out of the basket randomly.  The only thing I will check is that I don't use identical fabrics back to back.  I've heard this quilt referred to as a zipper quilt or a cobblestone quilt.

These are simply dark (black, navy, deep purple) 2" squares sewn onto light-ish 2" x 3½" bricks.  They'll all face the same way, square/brick, as I sew them into rows.  The rows will be 20 blocks wide, or 90" finished.  When I assemble the rows into the quilt, every other row will be flipped.  In other words, row 1 will start with a brick, row 2 will start with a square, row 3 will be a brick, and so on.

Here are the first 5 rows.  Each row is complete but I haven't sewn the rows together yet.  I am going to wait until all the rows are done so that I can keep identical fabrics away from each other.


I did switch back to cross stitching on God Speed (HAED) after I'd gotten this much done but I didn't take a photo.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

1 comment:

Daffycat said...

Oh, FF is so vibrant! Beautiful stitching! I’m kinda stuck in the middle of some quilting projects with no mojo. I’m not worried as my stitching mojo is pretty high. Have fun with the quilting!