Sunday, August 13, 2017

Finish It Up Challenge

I know I haven't been doing regular updates on this, but until lately, I haven't been really working on it.

Well, that's changed a bit.  I've actually finished another item on the list!

My Happy Blocks* quilt top is all put together!  Here it is:


I couldn't get a photo of the whole top because my cutting table is in the way.  The top is 7 blocks x 7 blocks.  Each block measures 6" finished.  The overall quilt should finish at 66" square.

* How Happy Blocks work.  I have only done these as a swap.  You could do them yourself but it kind of eliminates part of the "happy" that come from swapping.  I sent 6, 4½" squares of fabric to each swap participant.  In this case, they were random pinks and purples.  Each person kept 1 of the squares for themselves.  They then put 2½" borders on each remaining fabric square and mailed the completed blocks back to me.  Of course, I was doing the same for them.  I did request that the borders be maroon/burgundy.

Now here's the part that wasn't "normal".  I took the Happy Blocks that I got back and whacked them on the diagonal.  I then paired a pink half and a purple half to make the new blocks.  That's why they finished so much smaller than you'd expect from the original dimensions.

Here's my updated FIU list:
  • Put all my loose floss on bobbins finished January 27th with new purchases done February 3rd
  • Stitch a design for the candlescreen that I have
  • Assemble my Happy Blocks quilt top finished 12 August
  • Assemble my Crumbs quilt top
  • Finish hand-quilting the Bullseye Quilt
  • Finish the Log Cabin Star wallhanging
  • Hand-quilt at least 10 blocks on my Christmas Strings quilt
  • Finish my Through the Storm cross stitch as a free-standing block  finished 30 July
  • Finish my green Temari ball
  • Finish 1 of my Santa kits (not cross stitch)
  • Make bookcases for my sewing room
  • Decorate wooden "S" for my sewing room
Well, that's all for this update.  Hopefully, I'll have at least one more done soon.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

2 comments:

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It always feels so good to finish up a quilt. Happy sewing! Andrea

Leonore Winterer said...

It look great! Your 'halfing' of the blocks really added something special.