Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Finish It Up Challenge Update






I know, I know, I'm late for my update.

I did have a reason for the delay, it's not that I forgot.  I knew that I was going to get an item on my list done but not quite by the 1st.

So here's my list:

  1. Bind my 4-patch quilt (poor thing's been waiting for over 2years)  finished on 21 Feb 2016
  2. Remove last of carpet in sewing room  finished on 10 April 2016
  3. Finish my "Merry Christmas" framed set  finished on 4 May 2016
  4. Tidy up all my quilting scraps not sure of the date, but they're organized!
  5. Frame my Mother's Tree.  finished on 2 August 2016
  6. Clean off my scrapbooking desk so I can actually scrapbook!  clean enough to work on 15 Jan 2016
  7. Finish the Disneyland scrapbook for my sister
  8.  List the rest of the items I have set aside to sell on Etsy.  finished on 7 Jan 2016
  9. Re-starch/shape the rest of my crocheted snowflakes.  finished on 29 Feb 2016 
I got it framed!  My Mother's Tree is completely done.  The really great thing is that I finished it in time to enter it in my county fair - entries go in this Sunday.  Whew!  That was cutting it close.  Even closer?  I have one more piece to frame before then.

Here's the picture of the framed piece. 


As usual, I just popped it together without the acrylic (instead of glass) in order to get a good photo.  Then I took it apart, added the acrylic and finished off the framing.

The other nice bit was that this frame and the other one I just got were both on sale!  This one isn't small - the stitched area is 16" x 22".  The other frame is much smaller.  Both together with the acrylic and foam core pieces were just under $95US.  I also took advantage of a free shipping offer which probably saved me another $20-$25.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

No comments: