Friday, May 23, 2014

Daily Blogging?

Well, it appears that I'm not so good at doing the daily blogging.  I don't know why, I'm on the internet for hours every day.  I think I'll drop the daily attempt and just try to be more frequent than previously.

Anyway, I've been doing okay on the Flying so far.  I'm at the stage where I'm just trying to create the "habits":  get dressed, make the bed, pick up the laundry, swish & swipe, etc.  So far, I've got those 4 down.  The laundry habit has had a side-effect.  I won't do laundry unless I have a full load (whites and reds are the only exception - we don't have a lot of them).  Well, I've had 2 days this week where all the dirty laundry was collected and sorted but there wasn't enough for a full load!  And no, I didn't have enough of our whites or reds for a load either.  Actually, today makes 3 days.

On the stitching front, I have made progress there too.  Here is where I was on PTP Floral Arrangement after Thursday evening:




I also received a couple of frames in the mail this week.  One is for my 12 Days of Christmas and the other is for my whitework sampler (the actual name escapes me at the moment).  I decided to work on framing the whitework piece first because it was going to take less effort.  Here's a photo of it in the frame. 



It's not quite framed yet, though.  I had to make my own spacers since I wasn't using any mats.  I just pinned and laced the piece, popped it into the frame and took a picture.  Then I took it out, popped in the acrylic, and glued in the spacers.  I left that to dry overnight.  Tonight, I'll most likely finish off the framing.

Since I finished 12 Days of Christmas which was my focus piece, I had to choose a different piece to focus on.  The new star in my rotation will be La Belle Dame Sans Merci.  I figured I'd been working on it the longest so it needed to get finished...eventually.  ;-)

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

No comments: