Saturday, July 13, 2013

Pinterest ~ WIP ~ Animals

Yes, I know that's a wide range of topics that I'm planning to cover!

First of all:  Pinterest.  Unfortuately, I've discovered that evil website.  ;-) 
Just kidding about it being evil...addicting does apply though.  If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, you can find me listed as stacy27c.

Now here are a couple of ideas that I discovered on Pinterest and have actually done.  The first is an ornament that I did as a small present for my niece's wedding.  The curls are created by slicing the wedding invitation up.  The only thing that I did differently from the original post is to use a knitting needle to wrap the paper around.

The second is a box made out of paper strips.  I actually made this to hold the ornament.  The post for that one I think is in Japanese but easy enough to see how to do it.  I used scrapbooking paper to make mine.  It took two sheets of 12" x 12" paper.


 


Next comes some WIP progress!  I worked on what is now my focus piece:  12 Days of Christmas from Teresa Wentzler.  I finished off Days 5 and 6 which puts me at the half-way mark!


Since that was my goal for this turn in my rotation, I've put it aside for a bit and my randomizer chose Rapunzel from HAED as my next WIP.

And now for the animals mentioned in the title.  I live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest of the United States.  On the way home from church last week, my husband and I were treated to this sight:




For those who might not know what these lovely creatures are, they are Roosevelt Elk.  These are all cows (females) and calves.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

1 comment:

DUSTY said...

What a novel idea that ball is and I must say a wonderful wedding gift. The box to hold it is stunning as well. You are a crafty lady. Your stitching looks good. And the elk are great. Wildlife is always a wonder to behold.