Thursday, June 7, 2012

Floor Stand and Scroll Frames

I've had quite a few people ask how I hold my project that I'm working on.  I use Lokscroll™ scroll frames and a Gazelle floor stand from Artisan Design

My Gazelle is the original version.  I think the second generation model is supposed to be even sturdier though I don't see why.  I've had 30+ inch wide scroll frames on my stand and never had any issues.

The Lokscroll™ frames ROCK!  Not as in wobbly but rather as in awesome!  There is no basting/tacking/taping, etc. to attach your fabric.  It gets "locked" in place with a small bar that fits inside a channel in the scroll rods.

Here is a picture of one of my projects (Rapunzel by Dawe from HAED) in the scroll frame on the floor stand.  You can see that I also have the optional chart/book holder and I have an extension arm for the book holder.  The extension arm gives even more angles and maneuverability to the holder.


I own the one floor stand and several of the scroll frames.  The sidebars and scroll rods are completely interchangeable.  My only problem seems to be wanting to do more projects than I have frames for!  Currently, I have 7 projects on scroll frames.

Happy Stitching!

Stacy

No comments: