Friday, July 25, 2008

Mushroom soup recipe

While I am a good cook, I don't normally make soup from scratch but this is one exception (I'm a mushroom fanatic). ;-)

This is my own recipe which has come about through several trials (thankfully, no real errors).

Creamy Mushroom Soup

1 quart whipping cream
1 teaspoon chicken bullion (I use the paste type)
1/4 to 1/3 white wine (I use Snoqualmie brand Chardonnay - a Washington state wine)
16 oz. water (if reconstituting mushrooms, use that water)
2 large white mushrooms, chopped fine
1 portabello mushroom, chopped fine (may substitute 2 crimini mushrooms)
1 pkg. dryed oyster mushrooms, reconstituted (fresh are better but sometimes hard to find)
3 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil; stirring frequently to prevent scalding. Reduce heat to a simmer; stir occasionally. Simmer for 1 to 1½ hour. Serve.

No comments: